Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Opening Weesageechak Begins to Dance XXIII

Heya, friends.
Tonight we officially launch our twenty-third annual new works festival, Weesageechak Begins to Dance.  
Running up to the opening, we’ve had some ancillary events, each one warming the path for the big events - and all of the attendees and artists - as they unfolded.
Some of the words from yesterday’s Professional Development workshop, The Director’s Chair…
“As a director, you can inculcate a bigger idea in someone about what they can do. [abbrev.] Sometimes it’s just your job to be the bearer of the belief.” - Michael Greyeyes
“You bring people together to get lost in the woods. You provide the woods.”  - Eda Holmes
“I wrote my first grant for my first play, and I didn’t get it, so I said Fuck You and I produced it anyway.”

Tonight at the Theatre Centre,  we have dance from Yvonne Chartrand with Alejandro Ronceria, and a film with dance by Michael Greyeyes.

Wound a knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment